The following terms and conditions apply for the $1,000 Thursdays contest (the “Promotion”) and by submitting an entry into this promotion, entrants warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by them.
1. How to enter
a. The $1,000 Thursdays contest / promotion (the
“Promotion”) will begin on October 20th, 2016 and end on or before approximately November 17th, 2016.
2. To participate in the Promotion, entrants must first sign up at Kickin1035.com by entering their correct contact information including name, address, birth date and email address.
3. WKNK (The Station) will randomly select the name of 10 entrants each Thursday inside the duration of the Promotion from the pool of entrants in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of the random drawing.
4. The Station will announce the name of the randomly selected potential prize winner(s) on-air approximately ten (10) minutes after the top of each hour, which will serve as the “cue to call”. The announced entrant will have ten (10) minutes and thirty five (35) seconds beginning at the on-air announcement of their cue to call to call the Station at 850-235-1035<tel:850-235-1035> and identify themselves as announced entrant. If the announced entrant calls the Station within the allotted ten (10) minutes and thirty five (35) seconds, they will, subject to verification of eligibility and completion of their call, be placed on the “$1,000 Thursdays” bank roll for a minimum of one (1) hour (each such person shall be deemed a “Winner” upon verification of eligibility). Station will be the timekeeper for this Promotion at its sole discretion. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), phone number(s) and date of birth in order to verify eligibility. In the event that the announced entrant fails to call the Station as directed following their cue to call, is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the entrant will not receive a prize, and, if applicable, the previous Winner on the “$1,000 Thursday” bank roll will remain a Winner on the “$1,000 Thursday” bank roll. At no time will more than one Winner be on the “$1,000 Thursday” bank roll. Once an entrant’s name is drawn and announced over the air, they are no longer eligible to be selected as a potential Winner in future Promotion drawings regardless of whether or not they successfully called the Station within the allotted time. Potential Winners will be drawn and announced every hour between 7:00 a.m. CDT and 4:00 p.m. CDT each Thursday between the Promotion start date of October 20th, 2016 and Promotion end date of on or before November 17th, 2016.
5. Eligibility Restrictions:
a. The promotion is open to anyone 18 years of age or
older Employees of Powell Broadcasting ( the “Station”), its licensee, members of their immediate families, each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, relevant sponsors, are ineligible to participate or win.
6. Winner must provide photo-ID upon request for verification purposes and sign and return any required affidavit or eligibility and/or publicity/liability release to receive his or her prize.
7. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Act.
8. Only one (1) winner per household will be permitted during the
9. Prizes: Winners will each receive $100 for each full hour they are on the “$1,000 Thursday” bank roll as determined by the Station. At the time a newly announced entrant responds within the allotted ten (10) minute and thirty five (35) second period after the announcement of entrant’s name, the previously selected Winner will be removed from the Promotion and will cease to win additional payments. If the next announced entrant does not call in within the allotted ten (10) minute and thirty five (35) second period, the previous Winner continues on the Promotion at $100 an hour until another selected entrant responds appropriately to win or until the end of the Promotion, whichever is soonest. Winners will not be awarded any prize money any other day beside Thursdays during the run of the Promotion. No prize money will be awarded between the hours of 5:00pm CDT and 6:59am CDT.
10. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is collected by the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for a prize or prize certificate thereafter.
11. There is no subscription, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Sponsor may, solely at its discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash due to prize unavailability or where required by law.
12. Notification of Winners:
a. Decisions of WKNK management with respect to the Promotion
are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of the cash prize.
13. WKNK is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. If applicable, due to delays in WKNK’s online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air Promotions.
14. WKNK reserves the right to extend the end date of the
promotion, as announced on WKNK and posted on WKNK’s website.
15. Winners must listen but need not be present to win.
16. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the
required confirmation documents of eligibility/or liability/publicity
release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize
notification is returned as undeliverable to the potential winner, the
winner then forfeits the prize.
a. Payments of all taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
18. By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winners’ names, voice and likeness used in any advertisement or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional WKNK financial or other compensation, and where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
19. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
20. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion.
21. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. The Station is not responsible for the typographical or the other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.