(NEW YORK) — James Franco is addressing the Twitter accusations of two women who accused the actor of sexual misconduct.
Speaking on Late Night with Stephen Colbert on Tuesday, Franco said, “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate,” but he added, “I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long.”
The actor added, “The way I live my life, I can’t live if there’s restitution to be made. I will make it. So if I’ve done something wrong, I will fix it. I have to.”
Actress Violet Paley, after seeing Franco on Sunday’s Golden Globes telecast wearing a Time’s Up pin in support of the new Hollywood initiative against sexual harassment, tweeted, “Cute #TIMESUP pin James Franco. Remember the time you pushed my head down in a car towards your exposed penis & that other time you told my friend to come to your hotel when she was 17? After you had already been caught doing that to a different 17 year old?”
In a second tweet, Paley claimed that Franco offered an apology in recent weeks but added, “…offered me & a few other girls an overdue, annoyed, convenient phone ‘apology,'” adding, “I don’t accept.”
Paley expanded on her accusation tweeting, noting it was hard for her to come forward because she said she also had a consensual sexual relationship with Franco.
Another woman, Sarah Tither-Kaplan, tweeted, “Hey James Franco, nice #timesup pin at the #GoldenGlobes , remember a few weeks ago when you told me the full nudity you had me do in two of your movies for $100/day wasn’t exploitative because I signed a contract to do it? Times up on that!”
The New York Times has cancelled a planned Q&A event with Franco that had been scheduled for Wednesday in the wake of the allegations.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.